Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins I tried to hold out for the library to get the English copy, but when they got another Swedish copy I could no longer wait and got it. And started reading at once. I can't say how it is holding up so let's say that the English version is even better. (Yay I do get to find out and wont have to wait months for them to get that copy.)I think the beginning might have been like the first book, good, and then suddenly great. I meant to read for 5 minutes but I started in that good/great gap and I could not stop reading. I did not want to put the book down. It was so intense and I had to know what happened next. She sure has a way to get a hold on you.Katniss and Peeta are on their victory tour. Really creepy actually, it gives the president a chance to show the horror of the games again and to control the people. We don't get to see much of the victory tour and I would have liked more since that would have given us a chance to learn more about the districts. Then they get home and President Snow is still not happy and Katniss fears for her and her family. And a revolution is growing as the people turn their rage towards the capitol.It's a great book, perhaps not as good as the first one because that first book is always amazing. But this one may start good, and it only gets better. At a certain point in the book it gets really intense and it stays that way. Now I can't wait for book 3 and see how it turns out. I want freedom for these people, The Hunger Games, I can't even start to explain my horror for them and how the districts are ruled with an iron hand. I love the world she created, a grim future without any hope.The romance then, well I do not know if I am for Peeta or Gale. It changes, they both are great, and can be good for her. I do not know which she will choose, and I do not know who I want her to choose.Still loving Katniss, she sure can be kick-ass, and the supporting characters are great too, this time you learn more about everyone. And they all have something, if good or evil.One thing though, I felt like the book stagnated at one time, sure it was great writing, but the story could have moved forward in a more different way.The second book did not let me down, and how I will be able to wait a year, I do not know. The ending is good, and leaves you wanting more.Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Not liking it, but it does show the bird, and the simple cover suits the mood.Reason for Reading: Library BookFinal thoughts: Read this series, if you haven't read a YA book then start with The Hunger Games. It's amazing.