The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (paper-over-board) (Narnia)

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - C.S. Lewis, Pauline Baynes Lucy and Edmund gets to go back to Narnia, and with them they have their annoying cousin Edmund who can't stop complaining. They suddenly find themselves on the ship Dawn Treader. Prince Caspian have left Narnia to go and search for 7 knights who left long ago. On this journey they will meet dragons, utter darkness, sea people and slave traders. It's a new adventure.I was with my boyfriend at his parents over the weekend. I had two books with me and to my horror I realised that both was so not for me. What to do, I had this urge to read so I looked trough the house for something fast and easy to read, something I could finish there. This is what I found, and I have actually never read a Narnia book.This is just going to be a short review. Some thoughts here and there. The book was really short and I finished it in now time, such an easy read and it was ok. Little too simple though for me, I am getting old. I have watched some miniseries long ago, and of course the two movies. The first one was ok, and the second cool, dark. This one, well it has an annoying brat, and the two kids that I least cared for in the movies. I did not care for that. Some exiting things happened, and all in all it was ok I guess.But there was the end, I know that Lewis has a lot of Christianity in these books, but I didn't see that in the movies (ok, but hello, fantasy, we can pretend whatever we want.) This one had such an obvious end that it felt like preaching, if the use that in the movie, no, I will not like that. It destroyed it for me. There is a reason why I don't like people fall into other worlds books. They take their baggage with them. I want a world where anything is possible, a new world, with new ideas. Not something from this world. It actually made me not want to watch the movie when it comes out cos I know it will annoy me. He could have hidden it a bit more, and made us look, or made those who didn't get it don't see it.The fantasy lost it's appeal.