The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Vintage Contemporaries)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon The curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon Genre: Fiction and YAPages: 226Published: 2004 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is a murder mystery novel like no other. The detective, and narrator, is Christopher Boone. Christopher is fifteen and has Asperger's, a form of autism. He knows a very great deal about maths and very little about human beings. He loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road on his own, but when he finds a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on a terrifying journey which will turn his whole world upside down. This book was just utterly amazing, it sucked me in and I could to stop reading. It was a teacher who brought it up and she said that afterward she had been a bit strange and been looking for red cars cos they had a meaning in this book. I on the other hand started to philosophy about black holes, white holes, God, the big bang and how I am related to the wall...yes I get weird when I stay up late.I think it was cos this book was so strange, and I have no idea how to review it.This book is not only text, it is filled with little maps, lists, math problems, and signs that Christopher sees. They fit perfectly cos that is how he is. Maybe I should make a list.1.Christoper is 15 and has aspberger's2. He does not like yellow or brown, and he does not want to touch those colors.3. He does not like to be touched.4. 4 red cars in a row means it will be a good day, 4 yellow a bad day.5. He loves math and is really good at it.6. The food must not touch.7. He does not like strangers.That is Christopher. He lives with his dad because his mum died. He is in school and will get an A in the A-level math. One day he finds his neighbors dog killed with a garden fork and decides that he will find out who killed the dog. This will lead him outside his house and to talk to strangers, and he does not quit even though his dad tells him to. Even though he can't tell lies. It was a lovely book, a strange book, a book that jumped between things. It felt like I was in his mind, and I can only say that this is a great creation by Mark Haddon. A truly wonderful tale that also made me really sad in places. The mystery is great, but there is also other things happening, and it is just something you have to read. I can only say that I am glad I liked this book. I read that it was simultaneously published for adults and YA so both can read this tale. So go and read it. I hope you will find it as mesmerizing as I did.Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: I like it and it fits the storyReason for Reading: Library bookFinal thoughts: What are you waiting for, read it!