Daughter of the Sky

Daughter of the Sky - Michelle Diener I can't say that I have ever read anything in this era in this place. All new to me, but new is good.It's about a young girl who grows up to a young woman among the Zulus. Elizabeth has no love for the British (and it's totally understandable) and she gets a new home and family threw a horrible accident. But for her it's all the better. A new way of life, and a new look at life. She was strong, she felt real, because even if she is strong she is also afraid.All good things must come to an end and the British Empire was not exactly known to be nice all the time. War is on the horizon and in comes our hero of the book. And it felt totally refreshing for him to actually notice that she is a woman! Yes I know the rest did not but like it was said, sometimes you do not see the obvious. Especially not if it's sun burnt and has learnt not to walk like your petticoat will show by accident. So yes they did not see, but Jack takes a closer look at does notice. And in comes a bit of tension as they get to know each other, and to want each other. Jack was real too, he was tired of war, and things just did not make sense anymore. Of course, he was nice too, always a plus.It was interesting to read about, as I have not read anything about this war before, or anything set near it. I also liked to see her free spirit, to see if they ever would let go and just fall in love, and to see how it all would play out in the end.Conclusion:An interesting book, historical fiction with a romantic side to it.