The Kingmaker's Daughter

The Kingmaker's Daughter - Philippa Gregory The War of Roses, what a mess, what a bunch of power hungry backstabbing maniacs. What a time (I would sure not have liked to live then), and a time that is fascinating to read about.This book is about Anne Neville, daughter of the Warwick the Kingmaker. Anne who was married to the not so successful Lancaster Prince Edward and later to Richard of York. Always a pawn in the hands of men.I did like her at first, she has a brain, she thought about things, but the later part of the book started to change that. She was paranoid, she never used her head, she believed everything told to her, she never questioned things, she was always scared, she was a grey little mouse, a sour cow, and the b word too. I kind of lost respect for her there at the end. Always with the constant we hate the Rivers. She was cold. At least she felt like this to me. And she was naive too. But hey, then I always hated the Nevilles. Do not ask me why. But even if I disliked her at the end it sure did not take away the pleasure of reading a good novel.Richard I liked, he was portrayed as honorable (for the most part). Sure he had his hidden agendas but hey who has not.I can read a lot of books about the same time it seems, I never get tired. Because every time it is through the eyes of someone new, a new perspective. And here, oh it just shows what backstabbers everyone was, Warvick, the York boys. It was never enough for any of them, always more more more. Some issues for sure.A turbulent time viewed by a woman, not always at the center of things, but always behind the men who were. A great tale from Gregory and I look forward to her next book which will be about Princess Elizabeth of York.