Chill Run

Chill Run - Russell Brooks Eddie Barrow wants to be an author, but has problems finding a publisher who is willing to publish Eddie’s books. So he must sell them online himself, but doesn’t make a lot of money on that. He is the black sheep of his family, the only one who failed. He has a perfect sister and even his parents doesn’t hesitate to tell him how much he has failed in everything. He thinks that he need a publicity stunt, so the publisher will know his name. It doesn’t matter what kind of publicity stunt it is. He is willing to do anything. So with the help of his friends Corey and Jordyn, he gets himself a little work that is sure to give him publicity. Unfortunately, things don’t go as planned, and Eddie soon finds out he is wanted for murder, all over Canada. His friend Corey is supposedly his partner-in-crime. What’s even worse, Eddie and Corey is accused of kidnapping Jordyn. Eddie can’t turn to his family (apart from the parents and sister, he also has an aunt, who is the only one to stand up for Eddie). He is on his own. Only Corey and Jordyn is there to help him. They are determined to find the real killer and solve all the questions and riddles surrounding the case. But they are chased all over the country and it’s not easy to hide. ”Chill Run” is a good thriller, pretty short, but intense. I liked the book, although it did have some elements that I didn’t quite like. One of them being the language. The characters in the thriller use quite a foul language. Also, some of the characters speak with a very heavy French-Canadian accent. Just a little example. ”I want to see your hidee”. It took a while before I understood that the word ”hidee” means ID (identification card). In several places of the book, some characters speak French. I can not understand many word of French, so it was difficult to read those parts. The author did, however, translate the French sentences to English, which was good. But, as I wrote earlier, it’s a good thriller and well worth reading.