Dragon Blues

Dragon Blues - Edie Ramer My thoughts:I have read reviews of her books and now I finally got a chance to read one of Edie's books, and it did live up to the good things I have heard.In this book we meet Noah who once was a dragon but then turned human to pursue a woman, but he never shifted back to dragon after that. He has lived alone for long, and he only lives for his music and his treasures (cos he is a dragon and he lives the bling). He is strong, but also vulnerable, he is lonely, and saddened by the all the years on his own. But he is also protective and sweet, and I liked him (of course it did help that he had a cat he loved too)..Then there is Lila, she is also a broken by things from the past. An abusive stepfather used to hit her mum and Lila was left on her own raising her little sister. She also did something she can't forget to protect her mother. She is very protective, strong, can kick ass, but she also finds it hard to trust people and let go. And when these two meet there is that passion simmering beneath the surface wanting to break out. Together they could be so great.Which brings me to the rest of the book. First there is Lila's sister who Noah calls Beauty and this is because of a certain beauty and the beast fairytale, an aspect to the story I truly liked. But this Beauty is a drug-addict, beaten down and with a scumbag boyfriend. She only causes trouble. The other aspect is the suspense part. Someone thinks that Noah's blood will make him live forever and the hunt is on and that person does not care who he kills to get Noah. Blood will flow. I am coming to the end then. Edie is a great writer and pens a wonderful story.Recommendation and final thoughts:It's a good paranormal romance, and it does feel original. There is this sadness to Noah that I really enjoyed, and it made me wonder if there are any other dragons left in the world. A good suspense part and some nice passion. Plus, the story about him in Wales was good ( I will say no more.)