Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten!: The Story of Little Red Riding Hood as Told by the Wolf

Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten! - Trisha Speed Shaskan, Gerald Guerlais Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten is written by Trisha Speed Shaskan and illustrated by Gerald Guerlais. It is a picture book for children and it is the first one I have ever reviewed. It is sweet (well in a way), most pages have one big picture in it and little text and it is short. It is a picture book after all.I do love picture books and I have read quite a few lately when temping at a kindergarten. I am sure they would have liked this fun story. I am not sure about ages, not too young since the wolf does eat Red and her granny so the kids have to see the humor in it. But it is also very short so too short for older kids. And I am sure adults would have fun reading it too. I sure did.This is the story told by the big bad wolf who loves food, and then I mean food like apples. But then one day there is no food in his cupboards anymore and he is hungry. He sees a girl all dress in red, like one big apple. She looks good enough to eat, she and her grandmother that he hears about. Too bad the girl is full of herself. Her grandmother is all dressed in green, like a yummy green apple, and she is also very full of herself. And yes he eats them, but then that does not matter because I am all on Wolf’s side. He is funny and hungry.Grandmother’s house was fun to see. There were portraits of her everywhere. That is one shallow family. I do think they had it coming for them.At the end there are also some things to think about. Like how the story changed when it was told from his point of view, and there is a glossary too. And how you can read and learn more, and internet sites to check out. All good things for the kids.Verdict: A good and fun story for everyone to like and the illustrations are really adorable. Rating, how does one rate a book like this one? Ok the pictures were cute! So that gets a 4 and because of the overall story is stays a 4. Very amusing and adorable.