Highland Heat

Highland Heat - Mary Wine Plot:Deirdre Chattan went to live in a convent to repent after her affair that left her in ruin. She had no idea what she will do after that, but she knows that she wants to bring honour to her clan again. Then Quinton Cameron shows up looking for the queen, and he has not forgotten Deirdre's hellion ways. When fate brings them together again sparks fly.My thoughts:The blurb does say some things that don't happen. They never truly protect king and crown. There is some politics in the background but it's more about their passion, and how a marriage to her could bring clans together, so who should have her?This is book 3 in a series, but they are all standalone so even if I had read none of the others I could just have jumped in and missed nothing. Deirdre slept with a man who promised her marriage but he just used her. That is why she is at a convent to calm down a bit, but not to become a nun. She knows Quinton from before since his friend married her sister in book 2, and in that book they shared one passionate kiss. But now she has no dowry anymore and a bad reputation. But of course these two are thrown together again and there is passion. They can't keep their hands of each other, but she does give it a valiant try.I did like Deirdre, sure she was an idiot in the past for falling for lies, but he must have been good at it. Now she wants to be stronger, and she wants to do what is right. Quinton is all man, and alpha. He also has a broken heart just like her. They were both betrayed in the past.Other than that there is the woman who betrayed him to marry someone else and she wants to cause more mischief, oh she was one wicked evil woman. Then there is also the bigger politics. Because if Deirdre married Quinton then that would form a bigger alliance that stands against another alliance, and there is someone who does not want that. Dangers ahead.One thing though, I was not too happy about how he kept telling her to lose herself to her passion, I felt he was being an ass in a way. He can sleep with whoever he wants to, if she does it she is ruined, double ruined. A woman has no choices like that. He just wanted to get in under her skirts. But ok I forgive him cos she did really want him, even if it meant never marrying him.Recommendation and final thoughts:A nice historical romance with lots of passion, and some intrigue too. A brave highlander and one fiery lass. But there is also a lot of Scottish accent in the book, and that makes it a bit harder to understand when some of them talk.