Mr. Darcy's Obsession

Mr. Darcy's Obsession - Abigail Reynolds I think it might be I who is obsessed with Mr Darcy, all these different variations are just pure escapism.In this one Mr Bennet died, the Collins' moved into the house, Jane married a shopkeeper to help out her family, and Elizabeth went to London to help with the Gardiner kids. Mr Darcy never proposed because Elizabeth left before he had time too. But Mr Darcy just can't her her out of his head. He sneaks around a bit and manages to meet her by "accident" one day, and they start talking. Some women you just can't let go.Oh this book sure held a few surprises here and there, concerning secondary characters. I loved it because I never saw them coming. Reynolds takes artistic freedom and changes things that happened and make this story hers. While keeping to the Austen vibe. Without saying to much the surprises include Lydia, Georgiana, and a new character you will meet. She manages well there.There are also new people, Charlie, a kid living on the street, and here Darcy does show his heart later on. Aunt Augusta who says what she wants, and Lord Derby, Darcy's uncle and a jackass. And of course there is Bingley, the Gardiners, and Jane.I liked how Darcy sneaked around in this one and wanted to see Elizabeth and making it seem like total accidents. He just couldn't let go, and he was also a gentleman. She does fall, but of course there is that big Wickham hurdle to overcome. There is romance, aww, and a lot of drama with certain characters. I am sure you can guess who will cause the biggest scandal.What I liked the most were the surprises, I just could not guess certain things. In some variations it's pretty easy and you know who will marry who, even with all those I have read. But this one brings something new. And as a Variation obsessed woman I enjoyed this book.Final thoughts: I always loved that he never gives up and wants her even though society frowns upon it.