To Conquer a Highlander

To Conquer a Highlander - Mary Wine I liked this one. Must have been that whole bride stealing business, those highlanders are such barbarians ;)This is set at the backdrop of a troublesome time in Scotland. The king is murdered and the heir in hiding. Shannon Boyd's father is rooting for the bad guy and wants to marry her off to him, but first he slaughtered some people on his neighbours land. On top of a clan war there could be a civil war coming. But Laird Torin McLeren kidnaps the bride to be and takes her away to his castle. Soon he realises that she is a wildcat. Shannon has played the obedient daughter all her life but for that she has only got pushed around, her father does not care for her at all. She is at an age that she has started to feel she will never marry and leave his rule. Her lifer has not brought her to her knees. No, she has got spirit and a fiery tongue. But then she gets captured by a sexy highlander and starts thinking things she has never thought before. She is well aware his people hate for what her father has done, and that if her father is branded a traitor she hangs with him. Still through out the book she keeps that fiery tongue and is not afraid to stand her ground and not let anyone walk on her any more.Torin is the Laird, but with no heirs and a cousin breathing down his neck. Shannon was only meant to be a prisoner, one that would be treated fair, but not thought about until the time came. Of course the first time they meet words fly and he can see that she has got spirit. A lowland wildcat. Soon he also realises that she was not well treated at her father's home. She is not like other women that would throw themselves at home because he is laird, or to save their lives from the noose.There is a dance between these two, with banter, but there is never mistrust. He wants her, she realises that she wants him, but can't have him. I love that he does not back down, he know what he wants, it may be difficult to achieve but hell he will fight for it. He is one sexy alpha highlander, sure there was one thing that got me a bit angry at him. But I understood it, and it was nothing bad, now he wanted to show that he cared. I will not say more, you will find out when you read it. Most of all I like how well he does treat her, and tries.A strong woman, and man not backing down, and untamed passion when sparks fly. A stolen woman belongs to the capturer and this Highlander will fight for his love.There was also this other guy, and my eyes went wide and I had to go and check the computer at once. Yes Connor is getting a book of his own. I am sure that one will be good too.Blodeuedd's Cover Thoughts: Sword, yay.Reason for reading: From sourcebooksFinal thoughts: A highland romance with a sexy Scot, and the bride he has stolen. Sounds like a good recipe for love.