Violet on the Runway

Violet on the Runway - Melissa C. Walker Violet Greenfield is your average high school girl, well she would love to be average. As it is now she is too tall, too plain, jut your typical wallflower who secretly wishes to be friends with the It-girls of her high school.Then one day she is approached by Angela Blythe from Tryst Models in New York. She is told that she could be the next it girl of modeling."If it's up to me, Violet Greenfield, I'd say you're the next Kate Moss-but, you know, taller and without the PR problems...I hope!"First day of school and she has a business card burning in her back pocket. And guess what, she is going to go to New York and try to see if she has what it takes to make it. Without telling any of her friends so will take the big step and see if she gets hired for fashion week, because at least Angela believes in her, but is modeling all it's cracked up to be?I got this book in a contest, and Melissa had written a short message in it how I should always dream. A good message that echoes through the book. It's not a book that portraits everything as perfect. There are ups and downs, but what I loved in it is that it stays sweet. Some YA books have more of sex, drugs and violence that adult books these days, but not this book. This could be read by a teenager, a kid or an adult. And all will enjoy it.Violet deals with go-sees, and being talked about like she is not there. It's a harsh world where every part of you is wrong even if you are perfect. There are jealous models, upset friends, and learning to know who your real friends are and those that only want a part of your spotlight. She has a few bumps in her road coming and they wont be easy.But she is a strong girl, and I really like her. I would love to be friends with her, she is funny, strong, kind (well all these things for the most part). She does get a bit full of herself but I forgive her. It's only to be expected.Great old friends too, bitchy models warning, the high school clique girls who annoys me, funny aunt, and a romantic interest in view. A bit of everything and everyone can be found in this book.It is a great and funny read. And when it ended it left me hanging and I wanted to know more. What would she do next?