A Taste of Magic

A Taste of Magic - Tracy Madison This was a sweet book, and then I am not only talking about the yummy things that she was baking. Those sure made me crave cake and pie.Liz got divorced a year ago when her husband of many years left her for a much younger woman. Now she just lives, without really leaving. But as her 35th birthday comes to pass something is about to change. There is gypsy-blood in her and it's magic, by accident she sets the first magic free and more will follow.I liked Liz, she felt real, and I do like the scene where she first meets her hunky police neighbour. There is some chick-lit in here and that was perfect for my mood. She is a bit insecure, but who can blame her. The gift of magic is perfect for her because so grows stronger and you get to see how sweet she is. Because she does try to make others feel better too, even if the results are not always great.Hunky neighbour Nate, yes I do like him. He wants the best for her, he is nice, and he is so sweet around his nephew. Giggle, and then there is really hunky personal trainer Kevin. The girl knows how to spice it up when she finally starts walking among the living.Grandma Vera is love, I love quirky grandmother's, and the books gets funnier with her in it. Many other side characters too, her buddies Jon and Maddie, her idiot ex, and her sister Alice who is the main character in A Stroke of Magic, a book that I really want to read now since there is big things in store for Alice at the end of this book.This book has the romance, sweet, but with a few sidesteps and mix ups, because it's not an easy road to finding love. There is the paranormal, not big really, yes there is magic in her baking but it feels so normal and real. Makes me wish I had a gypsy ancestor who had given me some magic. There are the funny parts that just keeps you reading and wanting more. All in all a sweet ride to the end, you keep turning the page to know what happens to them all, oh and to see what else she is baking.