The Heretic Queen

The Heretic Queen:  Heiress of Misfortune, Pharaoh's Beloved - Michelle Moran I could gush a lot since this was a good book but I will try to keep it simple.Michelle Moran is good at was this does. She manages to bring history to life and she writes about the most fascinating women. In this book we meet Nefertari, the favorite wife of Ramsesses the great. Moran mentions that since so little is known she takes liberties, but she does it well. I could see these things happen. People have always liked power and playing with other lives.It's a good book that tells the story of how she married the pharaoh and how she tries to keep one step ahead of his other wife, Iset. There are political intrigues, dangers, but also love. It's an interesting story that kept me hooked even though I knew the story and have read book about Ramses before. But every story is unique and brings something new into play.As for the title, that is not about Nefertari, but about Nefertiti and oh you will see.What else can I say, it was a good historical book and I am sure fans of this genre would love this book. And now I will wait for her next book to publish since I have read all that she has written.But I will end with an inscription on her burial wall that truly sums of his love for her:"My Love is unique and none can rival her....Just by passing, she has stolen away my heart."Now that just breaks my heart. So beautiful.