Discount Armageddon (InCryptid Series #1)

Discount Armageddon - Seanan McGuire A new series by McGuire, and of course I had to read it. But that also means that I compare it to her October series. It was good, but so far not as strong. Still will I buy book 2? Of course!In this world there are monsters of every sort, but humans do not know. Who does know is The Covenant, a bunch of creepy fanatics who thinks it's God's Will that all monsters are killed. Whether they are cute innocent talking mice or monsters that do kill. But that does not matter as Cryptids (the monsters) are not meant to be. I like good bad guys, and creepy religious fanatics makes for good baddies. And I can hate them as much as I want.On to our heroine, Verity Price. Whose family left the Covenant to protect innocent cryptids. She is a ballroom dancer (and bwt the costume she has on makes sense when you learn more about her job). She is kick-ass, nice, smart and has a home filled with mice. Oh I loved the mice! Her friend and cousin is a telepath (comes in handy), she meets a cute buy who is Covenant and who means to kill every cryptid in NYC (not good). Someone is killing cryptids and the chase is on. Non stop action, a tiny bit of passion and there you have it, our story.A nice beginning to a new series.