the Strangely beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker

the Strangely beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker - Leanna Renee Hieber I think I have to go against everyone else once again. I mean the book was ok, but, I struggled with the first 100 pages and was kind of bored by it all. Then it got better and then it had me enthralled, but I still remember that first struggle.This is the tale of Persephone Parker who comes straight from a convent to a school in London. She is 18, almost 19 and older than the rest of the pupils. But she wanted something else than the convent, and she is a strange young woman. White hair and the skin of a ghost. Not to mention having strange visions and seeing dead people.The school is guarded by 6 people awaiting prophecy and they fight the darkness in London while waiting for their 7th.So yes I found it kind of boring at first. Wanted to give up and try something else, but I hung in there. I think it was when Professor Alexi Rychmann really made an entrance that I got interested. He was so dark and brooding and clinging to his thought that when their 7th comes it will be his soul mate, and that just makes a girl melt into a puddle on the floor. I was smitten and I wanted to know how it all would end.She falls for him, he knows it is wrong, forbidden love and no one makes a move, I was on the edge of my seat. All while she is falling deeper and deeper while having visions, something strange is going on.I liked that she took in the myth of Hades and Persephone (too bad she made him all evil, I always had some kind of weird crush on Hades.) Then there are the ghost, mysteries, and Jack the Ripper killing women in White Chapel. There is also the Phoenix and muses, that was cool.But there was something that made me a bit upset, I would be so pissed, but she kind of just forgave, I guess she is just nice. hm.An ok book, and worth it cos of a hunky brooding Professor.Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: pretty and blueReason for Reading: Own copyFinal thoughts: Nice mix of genres.