Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet)

Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet) - Julia Quinn Review posted at : Serendipity reviewsI have only read the Bevelstoke series by Julia Quinn and I fell in love with them at once because of her witty writing and lovely stories. The Smythe-Smith’s are mentioned there, as they are in her other books. And I always felt so sorry for those poor girls. When I heard they were getting a series I just could not wait to read it. And it ended up being my favorite Quinn novel to date.Honoria loves her big family who has more cousins then they can count, and because of tradition she performs in the quartet, like all single women of the Smythe-Smith family. And they are all just bad as the next one. She knows that the only way out of it is to get married but she can’t seem to catch a man. I liked Honoria, she was just so sweet, funny and lovely to be around. You can’t help falling for her in chapter one where she is just a kid trying to tag along with her brother and Marcus.Marcus is looking out for her since her brother left the country. He spent all his free time from school with her family so there are no romantic feelings around…at first. Marcus is not your usual historical romance hero. No he is shy; he does not like crowds, parties or London at all. Now a hero like that I have to love, because when he falls in love he falls in love for real.What can you expect from this book then? There is the hunt for a husband, failed attempts at doing that, taking care of family, getting into silly situations and misunderstandings. And of course a couple falling in love and realizing that they want each other.I giggled here and there, and I sat there with this stupid grin on my face. This book was just so cute! I even ended it all with one big awwwwwwww! It is one of those books that just have you smiling all the way through. Her style is witty and clever.The story is sweet and for newcomers to Julia Quinn this is a good book to start with. For those who already like her books I am sure you will enjoy this one too and there are characters you will have met before in it. That is another thing I like about her books. You will meet people again, but fear not. You do not have to have read any of her other books. They are all their own stories, but sometimes paths cross and I like that. You always feel at home.I do recommend this book to historical romance lovers, you will not regret it.