Stormwalker (Stormwalker Series #1)

Stormwalker - Allyson James I read a short story in the anthology Hexed and knew I wanted more, and this does no happen often. So I bought book 1 in this series and what I felt in that short story rang true. It was a good book.It does say it is pnr, but I do not know, it feels like more. These days I think they are so many pnr/uf hybrids out there and I would even want to make this one more UF in a way. At least that is how it feels for me. She is out there kicking ass, but yes there is romance too. But is not that in your face as it can be (not that that is a bad thing, it is just I want a story more than romance with these sorts of books.)To the book then, I really liked Janet, she was pretty kick-ass with a cool power and one bad momma, scary as hell is the word. The love interest is Mike, who is all mystery, which made me crazy curious and I am so glad we found out what is going on with him. They have a long history and I am very unsure what to think oh him. He kind of comes and goes.Then we have a bunch of side characters, Nash (whom I hate hate hate), he is so unfair that it drives me insane. *mutters something about evil cops*. A talking magic mirror (oh love him ;), Coyte (gotta love a trickster.) And more to get to know.The story is filled with action, questions, a bit of smexing and good detective work. I liked what she has used and especially the mythology on how we came to be. And who are still beneath. That I do like.Conclusion:A good start to this series and I sure want more. Recommended.