Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)

Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs This is the second Mercy Thompson book. She is co-existing with Samuel, and Adam is always nearby. One day Stefan asks her for that favour she owes him, and soon she is in the middle of something big. There is one bad vampire in town, but the thing is that he is no ordinary vampire, he has a demon inside him, and whatever image the fey and wolves are trying to build up can come crashing down as the heatwave of the summer transforms into chaos and violence.I just love Mercy, sure I have been sitting on this book for a while. but how I wanted to read it. I am glad I have book 3 close, and if I could only get a hold of the rest (working on it, we will see.)This is urban fantasy at its best. The world is real, and she is real (and pretty kick-ass too). The fay has been know to the humans for a while, and in the last book the wolves came out. it has been 6 months, and Adam has been working on some PR. But there seems to be much more things that go bump in the night, and the humans are not ready.The wolves are so big and bad, and Adam, oh yes so one of my fav alphas, and then there is Samuel. Forgive me if I melt a bit. The sexual tension in this book is so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Of course I want her to choose Adam, cos he is sweet, and protective. But when Samuel goes saying that yes sure he would love to have her cos she would bring him healthy babies, but mostly it is cos the wolf wants her. I died a little just there. Briggs keeps playing with us, and even if I know how it surely will turn out and hang on every word that they say.In this book there is also a third surprise, perhaps, I am not telling. Could be, could not be.The action keeps on coming as they hunt down a killer, and people will get hurt in the process. The sexual tension is as said growing between my fav triangle. And Mercy is as careless, and brave as always. This is a series that makes me wanna buy the next book at once, if I only lived in a better country. It will make you want more, that is a warning, and a promise. Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Ok she is obviously working, so why is she showing her bra, wouldn't it get greasy under the car. Icky. Still stunning.Reason for reading: Own copy.Final thoughts: If I didn't have this tiny bit of self-control, I could not stop myself from jumping to book 3, but will wait until I have more books.