The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke Series #1)

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever - Julia Quinn I will try to write a short one. But it is so hard! But ok I will try. And yes I did read book 2 before this one. Do not be shocked now (looking at someone stating with an M ;). But they are stand alone historical romances so you do not have to read in order. This book was just sweet and lovely. Again a book that is just how I like my HR. The heroine is Miranda who is not as pretty as her best friend but then again she has been in love with her best friend’s brother for 10 years so what does she care about other men ;) Miranda was smart and funny. All in all a great girl. Her best friend Olivia likewise (but then I already read and loved her book). Our hero is Turner who is not like he used to be. He had a bitch of a wife who cheated on him and the poor guy is jaded. And yes he does take his time to fall for her and tell her what he feels, but he was in pain and he was afraid. I can live with that because I always knew he would realize she was his everything.This book is witty and cute. There is one scene where he threw a scone at her and that just made me laugh. It is certainly a HR I would recommend this others and it sure is an author I want to read more books by.