The Taming of the Wolf

The Taming of the Wolf - Lydia Dare First my usual reassurance. Yes this is actually book 4 but fear not! You can read this as a standalone with any problems, the facts that are important are there, and of course it's a good way to get surprised too. But if the OCD hits you bad, then go and read book 1 and work up to this one. Or just jump in and have fun.Plot:Lord Dashiel is staying at the house of the Westfield brothers. He fears himself for what the beast could do and without thinking he bites Caitrin McLeod, a Scottish witch who flees from me. Now he must follow as he has claimed her as his mate, and there can never be anyone else.My thoughts:I liked the book from the start, but it took me a while to really enjoy it. Let me explain. Dashiel has claimed her and he knows he will never look at anyone else, but is he in love? That thought bothered me as he chased her and tried to get into her heart and bed. He needed to prove himself a bit more before I started enjoying the book, and then I did not stop reading before I hit the end.Dashiel is a womanizing rake with a hidden side and he has a sad past. And no one ever taught him what a Lycan really is, so he has got issues and is afraid to harm Caitrin. I was on my guard when it came to him, but I must confess that it was fun to see him try anything to get near her. While Cait is not afraid to tell him what a brute, and hound he is. And that he should just go away, but at the same thing there was something there, building up, and those two needed each other. My fav part of the book were the chasing part, he is not a man to back down. Slowly I did what she did, I started falling for him, and as I did that I saw that he was changing too. Into a real man, and a real Lycan. I liked it. And what he needed was a woman that would speak her mind and not fall all over him.Something else shows up in this book, I shall not say, but it bodes well for the next series from Lydia Dare. I wonder how that will be handled. I am rather intrigued. The Lycans are an interesting bunch, and I do love and feel sad over the fact that they only love once. So beautiful and yet so tragic. Then there are the witches, and what is a book without real Scottish witches. They are a fun bunch, and I can't wait to see them fall in love too.Recommendation and final thoughts:I still like book 3 the best, the bantering was just so fun there. But this one comes as my second fav from Lydia Dare. It's fun, there is passion, and hearts that can't make up their minds. It will get a 3,5 from me, because I always reach that point where I do not want to put it down anymore. The book also feels very different from usual paranomals. It's lighter some way.