The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Mystery

The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Mystery - Regina Jeffers This was certainly different from other variations that I have read. It was darker and you know what, it kind of made me not want to visit Scotland ;)Lizzy and Darcy are happy. Kitty is getting married. Mary is married, the Bingley's are happy and Wickham and Lydia, well you know about them. Here I do feel sorry for Lydia, sure she is a silly idiotic thing but not even she deserves him. Everything is fine except for something that the characters find out later on in the book. Something the reader sees glimpses of. Georgiana is missing, she went to Scotland to put the house in order for when her husband joined her. Yes she married Colonel Fitzwilliam. She has been missing for quite a while and that is what this book is about. Where is she? What happened? We do get to see her but what on earth is truly going on? It was hard to wrap my head around it and it all seems like a bad fever dream. Because Scotland is scary.I did like how Jeffers managed that, she took dark things and twisted them around. She made me ask myself if I truly knew what happened to Georgiana. It is quite the mystery and it gets solved in the end, and then truly sinister things comes to light.It was a different sort of variation. A mystery with all of our favorite Pride and Prejudice characters. And a castle straight out of nightmares.