The UnTied Kingdom

The UnTied Kingdom - Kate Johnson My Thoughts:I do enjoy a good alternative world kind of book. It's so fun to see what change if that or this happened or didn't happen. And it this book is was downhill all the way for England.England was still a Catholic country, and had never built a large empire. Instead this glory had gone to France. There had been no WWI but there had been a "WWII" and sadly England had chosen the wrong side there. But there are more changes, no one discovered America, and poor old England is a third world country where only the army or the very rich own a phone and no one has a computer. Civil War is also tearing it apart.Now doesn't that sound fun, it sure does. The country is bleak and in ruins. People are soldiering on, and the author has certainly created an interesting alternative world. One I really enjoyed reading about. Into all this Eve suddenly appears, she is sure something else and I liked her. If I had to say anything negative it was that she sure knew her computers, ok that is not negative, I just mean was she actually that good? Cos I could certainly not open one and see that a screw is loose. Anyway, perhaps she was, good for her cos the plot does need to go on ;) Moving along...The lead male character is Major Harker, kind of a brooding soldier type and even when he is all commands and all that I still fell for him. Then we also have some minor characters that help to bring life to this book.What do we have so far.. awesome world! Good characters, a thrilling plot about hunting down a computer and moving through a dangerous warzone (people will get shot), and a budding romance between a couple that keep arguing.Conclusion:I did not want to put it down because I needed to know what would happen. I would recommend this one too, oh this is hard, romance fans, suspense fans, steampunk fans (not the same but it works in a way), and all the rest of you too because it was a great book. And I sure hope the author writes something more like this book.Rating:Hard to put down!