To Conquer Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice Variation Series)

To Conquer Mr. Darcy - Abigail Reynolds I have been wanting to read this book for some time, not just because I like all sorts of Jane Austen sequels and variations, but because I like the what if question. Also this book is more the To conquer Miss Bennet kind of book. Darcy is a force to be reckoned with.This book takes another route, after Lizzy has returned from that awful proposal Mr Darcy shows up with Mr Bingley. This time he will not take no for an answer and decided to court her, gain her friendship and all of her. And that he sure gets too. I am weird when it comes to HR sometimes, and I end up thinking "no one buys the cow if the milk is free". Here it worked, because in the end, who wouldn't be seduced by Mr Darcy. Stolen kisses, embraces and I am seduced by it all too. But I guess the point here is that he wants her, and he is not going to tire of her just because something happened. Mr Darcy is the true gentleman. if I wasn't already in love with him I would fall for him in this book. He makes an effort to be a better man, a man she deserves, he pursues her, makes her laugh, makes her want him. And all while I am delighted and grinning. Jane Austen would be shocked for sure.The romance is lovely to watch, she melts, and like I already wrote, Mr Darcy is worth reading this book for. I have never seen him like this, and I am loving it. We also meet Bingley and Jane of course and they get their HEA, and do not forgot Lydia's mistake. The book follows the general storyline and that is here too.But I did miss one thing, and it had to to with Lady de Burgh, but then again who needs her.