Meant to Be

Meant to Be - Donna Marie Rogers Aww, yes that is how it made me feel. It was great from the start and then it just got better and better. At one time I had to stop reading, because sleep is important. But yes I sure wished I had an e-reader so I could have read during my lunch break.There's only been You is the "first" book, but it' no series so you can read this book first. Sure you learn some things in it, but even without having read book 1 I could still see the big picture, and it's even mentioned in the blurb. The little details she doesn't mention. I will still be surprised to see what goes on in that book. Garrett's sister had the lead in that one. And this is a stand alone novel about Garret and Jessica. But I am glad I have book 1 because I want to read more of her, but will wait a while and perhaps some things and names will slip my mind.Garret is unsure about his police career after being shot and his nephew being kidnapped. Jessica is running from a tragedy in her past and dark memories. When they first meet sparks fly, but not in a good way. They dislike each other, but still there is something that pushes them together.For all you alpha male loving gals out there, here they are. That must sure be a good looking family. Garrett, his brother Nick (who I would love to learn more about), and his uncle Luke. Who gets his own little side story of love in this book and that is so sweet.I fell for both at once, Garrett, who even if he says the wrong things still is so lovable and it just oozes out of him, it makes me go awww. Jessica is a bit broken, and I only wish the best for her. A bug strong guy who can pick her up and man it better. Make her learn to trust again and fall in love.I know it was a romance, but I didn't see the suspense coming. It picks up and I will not mention cos of what, but it gets dangerous. That had me sitting at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen. It just got bigger and bigger and the suspense was killing me. Not to mention the romance part, they were stupid both at times, but then again aren't we all.The romance part was great, and since I loved them from the start I was rooting for a big old HEA. Then some dark clouds from both their pasts showed up. And that sure picked up an already good story.Negative parts, I can't really think of anything. Other than I would sure have loved it even more if it had been a real book I could hold, lol, then I could have read the whole thing at once ;). Nothing to complain about when it comes to this book. It was sweet, romantic, hot, sexy alpha males, suspense, and a great story. It made me jump at the other book at once, and it left me in a happy satisfied mood.